If your multimeter is showing a 'battery' icon on the screen, or will not turn on you may need to change the battery.
Instructions on how to change your battery can be found here.
No Current or Temperature Measurement
If you are not able to measure current, or the temperature measurement is showing roughly room temperature and does not change you may need to replace a fuse.
Instructions on how to access the fuses can be found here.
- If you can not read current on the 20A setting you may need to replace your 20A/500V fuse
- If you can not read temperature or current on the mA setting you may need to replace your 800mA/500V fuse
- Remove the fuse in question
- Set your multimeter to continuity testing mode
- Place one lead on each side of the fuse
- If the multimeter beeps this means the fuse is OK