Entering a new VIN
- Tap on "Vehicle Information" which can be found on the "Scan Tool" tab
- To scan your vin using the barcode sticker on the driver's side door jamb tap on the 'barcode' icon, alternately you can tap on the text box to type it in manually.
Tip: You can find your VIN in a number of places:
- Your dashboard, visible from outside the car on the driver's side
- A sticker/plate when you open the driver's side door, near your tire pressure information sticker
- Your vehicle registration
- Your insurance card
- After entering your VIN press the 'return', 'enter', 'done', or 'submit' button on your onscreen keyboard - usually on the bottom/right hand side.
- The app will now download your vehicle's information (specifications, recalls, etc) and if supported will display the message "Enhanced Diagnostics Supported"
Selecting a previously entered VIN
- Tap on the 'history' or 'clock' icon to the left of the VIN entry text box
- Select your vehicle from the history list to activate it.
International VIN Support
Currently BlueDriver supports North American VINs only - international OBDII compatible vehicles will support all diagnostic features (reading/clearing codes, smog check, mode 6, live data, etc) but will not be able to generate repair reports or download vehicle specifications/recalls. If your vehicle has a North American equivalent and you are not in the European Union we may be able to provide a North American VIN to enter manually - if you contact support with your vehicle's year, make, model, and engine type they'll get back to you shortly!
If you are in the EU unfortunately repair reports will not be available due to GDPR restrictions.